Thursday, December 16, 2010

It Rained a TON this week! December 14, 2010

It rained a TON this week! there were flood warnings and stuff!  We were out on our bikes and the roads were flooded so much that the water was up higher than the sidewalk! We rode through puddles that when you are standing as high as you can on your bike, the water is still pouring in your shoes!  It gets to the point where you no longer care how wet you get anymore.  I did get a new rain jacket though from an elder going home this week. 
Elder Bowen   Elder Kelly   Elder Lualemaga

I had an amazing experience last night that really strengthened my faith in the Preisthood.  We were asked to give a blessing to a member that was going in for surgery today.  We have also been teaching her husband who is a non-member.  As I gave the blessing I felt the spirit very strongly.  I concluded the blessing and afterwards, she told me that about half way through the blessing, the words that I spoke were told to her in her mind right before I spoke them.  I was very amazed at hearing this.  It was an assurance to me that the words that are given in a blessing are not those of the individual but those of the Lord.
 


 We were able to attend the Festival of the Nativities.  
The whole church building was filled with nativities from all religions from around 
the world!  It was a lot of fun to go there and browse around. 



        Me and Elder Lualemaga with our favorite shirts




1 comment:

  1. Wow Elder Bowen, your mission is looking great so far! It is no suprise that you are doing so well. You were always such a good worker here ast work and so inovative in your thinking. Congratulations on your success and continue to work hard. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Shawn Mikkelson

    ReplyDelete